This Page

has been moved to new address

Smashbox is a smashing success - First Impressions

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Pixiemama5000: Smashbox is a smashing success - First Impressions

Monday, September 26, 2011

Smashbox is a smashing success - First Impressions

I couldn't wait to try out my new Smashbox products that I purchased from the Smashbox event.  I was in search of an everyday palette that was a little different from my others.  The trio I chose was the "Head Shot" trio.  This trio was unique relative to my makeup collection as it was a warm neutral trio, the dark brown has a lot of warm to it.  I was concerned a little about the peachy color making my eyes look tired accentuating redness in my eyes (as I always seem to be-I have two kids!).  As well, I tried out the gel liner.  I must preface this by saying that I am currently exploring gel liners-I have a few others that are in my queue to try, I have been a huge liquid liner fan.  I love the bold line that a liquid liner makes.

So here's what I used:

  • Trio in the color Head Shot
  • Gel liner in Dark Brown
  • Limitless eyeliner in Black
  • Smashbox Bionic Eyeliner in Black
  • Blush Rush in the color Passion
One of the first things I noticed was that the shadows were a tiny bit powdery-not a huge problem, just requires a little clean up afterwards.  The pigmentation was excellent and the shadow itself was very blendadable.  I primed my eye with a MAC paint pot and by the end of the day I did not have any creasing whatsoever.  I have extremely oily skin so if I am not wearing good eyeshadow/liner it will crease on me and my liners will smudge.  The blush I chose was a pinky color-I normally go for bronzers so I wanted to choose something that was a little more unique to what I currently own.

The gel liner did go on quite smoothly and I was able to create a bold line to my satisfaction.  The eyeliner was nothing short of amazing.  It stayed on all day and night without budging at all.  The eyeliner did remind me a little of MUFE Aqua Eyes.  At the event the Smashbox person I talked to swore that the gel liner would not budge and they were correct.  Day 2, I wore the same stuff and even took a nap with my face pressed against the pillow and I woke up with my face looking perfect.  I have to say that I am quite happy.  Smashbox was a smashing success!

 Products I purchased (L-R) Jet Set Waterproof Gel Liner, Blush Rush in Passion, and Eye Shadow Trio in Head Shot

Swatches (L-R) Trio of Eyeshadow colors, Brown Gel Liner, Black Limitless Eyliner, Passion Color Blush

Close up of the natural look I created

Full Face look

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At September 26, 2011 at 3:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! Hey, for the products you purchased, does Smashbox list ingredients on the box? I am waiting to hear back from their PR about ingredients... it's not easy to find...

 
At September 28, 2011 at 6:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite looks are the natural ones. They are great for everyday. Looking good. I'm so tired, it's almost 10pm here and I'm about to head off to bed. Hopefully I can have a calm day tomorrow and try to film lol. Hope you are doing well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home