This Page

has been moved to new address

Dior - 5 Couleurs 708 Amber Design Review

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Pixiemama5000: Dior - 5 Couleurs 708 Amber Design Review

Monday, October 3, 2011

Dior - 5 Couleurs 708 Amber Design Review

So recently I befriended a Dior Make Up artist and we had talked makeup a few times and he peaked my interest in trying out some of the Dior line of cosmetics.  Dior is obviously one of those "nice to have" things in your makeup collection but definitely not a must.  I do have to admit though, it is quite luxurious.  The packaging alone is solid and luxurious feeling and palette comes with a little slide on velvet like cover.

Right off the bat I could tell that this is an expensive shadow as from swatching it alone the shadows are sooooo unbelievably silky like I have never seen.  I think I chose a palette that may have been a bit "cooler" on the brown side for me to wear as an everyday look, however, I haven't experimented that much with different looks.  The dark brown color that you see is a very cool toned brown, one you could definitely use for smoking out your eye.  When I applied it in my crease it was definitely a little more dramatic looking than I was expecting.  My next look will be to try applying the dark brown directly on my lid and use the other colors on my crease and browbone to see if that produces a more "everyday" look that I was looking for.  The gel liner was firmly packed-just just give you an idea, when you rub your brush along it, it makes no dent whatsoever unlike the essence gel liner and even the Smashbox one I bought recently.  Fall out was almost non-existant and the shadow was extremely blendable.

Every girl deserves a little luxury in their makeup collection, right?

Check out the gorgeous packaging-if you can see there is a CD under laid beneath the blue cover

 Swatches without flash

Swatches with flash - they have a fun glittery color third from the left

Close up of eyes




Close up of eye with flash

Full face look :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At October 3, 2011 at 4:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

oh la la! I really like the color combination that this palette has going on. Sometimes I like to splurge the next time I do, I think I will be checking this bad boy out because it look absolutely fierce!!!!!!

Nory
fiercemakeupandnails.blogspot.com

 
At October 6, 2011 at 7:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes every girl deserves something luxurious! You are so beautiful! I have tried the Dior Nude foundation and the Diorshow mascara. I haven't walked around Macy's too much in Maine but I dont even think we have Dior. Oh lord. lol. Seriously making that trip to Chicago and going on a spree. Did u see the owl wristlet? I thought it was so cute.

 
At December 13, 2011 at 2:11 AM , Blogger Herryponting said...

Good information...
Dandelion Tea

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home